Access Statement for Old Dairy Farm Craft Centre
The Old Dairy Farm Centre is located in the picturesque village of Upper Stowe in Northamptonshire, just off the A5 between Weedon & Towcester and only 10 minutes from junction 16 of the M1.
We offer our visitors a unique selection of shops and crafts, a fabulous restaurant & tea room, ample free car parking with access for coaches, special events throughout the year and much more for the whole family.
The Centre is housed in a complex of stone-built farm buildings and is sited around two main courtyards. Some buildings date back to the sixteenth century, many retain part of their original features, all have been restored and updated in a very sympathetic way to help retain the atmosphere and history of the original farm.
The Centre offers our visitors a unique selection of shops, selling a wide variety of products to suit most pockets and tastes. The choice available includes; a wide selection of top brand lingerie & swimwear, children's toys & model railway accessories, quality arts and crafts, hand painted furniture, handmade greetings cards, gifts, gift foods and traditional sweets and second hand books. Our event venue The Studio, our printed homewares studio and our dog grooming parlour are also open. Busy Bee Balloons and gifts are due to open during february 2017.
The restaurant and tea room is open daily, offering a wide variety of refreshments.
To complement the shopping and restaurant, the Centre is also home to a selection of working artists and craftspeople, their work includes; cabinet making, blacksmithing, stone masonry and wood turning.
We are also home to local accountants Hallett & Associates.
During the year the Centre holds several special events. We have our lambing weekends in the spring, and decorated shopping weekends prior to Christmas. Please check the website for the current list of activities.
There is disabled parking and level access to most areas of the Centre.
The Centre is ideally located for exploring the local countyside and canalside walks, the restaurant being ably stocked to revive even the most hardy of walkers. There are also country houses, museums and interesting local towns and villages within a short drive of the Centre.
• Booking is advisable for large parties requiring the restaurant & tearoom.
• Booking is advisable for coach parking & coach parties requiring the restaurant & tearoom.
• Booking is advisable for Sunday lunches, and lunches in December.
• Ample free car parking.
• Access and parking for coaches.
• Designated disabled parking area adjacent to the restaurant & tearoom.
• Parking areas are flat, the main car park has a slight slope.
• The Centre entrance is signed from the main car park.
• Entrance to the Centre is free everyday.
• Special events which are held in separate areas may have an entrance charge, for example; entrance to the lambing sheds during the lambing weekends. Any charges will be clearly signed.
• Access to all areas of the centre is by flagged, or gravel paths from the car parking areas.
• Access to most shops and the restaurant is by level paths.
• Three shops have small steps at their entrance.
• Public toilets are provided between the two courtyards, and within the restaurant & tearoom.
• A disabled toilet with wheelchair access is available in the Barn Restaurant.
• Baby changing facilities, including a changing table, are provided within the Barn Restaurant.
Restaurant & Tearoom
• Barn restaurant & tearoom is open daily between 10am - 5pm (4.30pm in January & February)
• Level access to the main ground floor seating area, bar and toilets. Stairs to access upper seating area.
• Fully licensed for alcohol, music and entertainment.
Shops & Gallery
• The Centre offers our visitors a unique selection of shops, selling a wide variety of products to suit most pockets and tastes. The choice available includes; a selection of lingerie, swimwear, quality arts and crafts, greetings cards, hand painted furniture, gifts, gift foods and traditional sweets, toys and model railway accessories. We also have a dog grooming parlour. Most shops open Tuesday to Sunday.
Conference & Meeting Rooms
• Meetings can be arranged in the upper floor of the restaurant & tearoom.
Boats & Narrow Boats
• The Centre is a steady walk from moorings on the Grand union canal at Nether Heyford of approximately one mile. (Uphill walk to reach the Centre, but downhill on the way back)
• For four weekends in March each year the lambing sheds are open to the public. (Admission charge to the lambing sheds only).
Grounds and Gardens
• Garden seating / picnic area.
• Groups such as cyclists and walkers are welcome, but large parties should pre-book if the restaurant is required.
• Regretably, dogs are only allowed in the Centre if they are kept on a lead and are under the supervision of their owners at all times.
• Water for dogs is provided by the restaurant & tearoom.
Address: Old Dairy Farm Craft Centre
Telephone: 01327 340525
The Centre is open daily 10am - 5pm. (10am -4.30pm in January & February).
The Centre is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Years Day.
The opening hours of some shops may vary, please check our website shop pages for individual details.
• Renovation of the main public toilets to include full disabled & baby changing facilities.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve.
If you have any comments please telephone 01327 340525,